Does Your Entry Appearance Turn Away Customers?
Keep a clean entryway to bring customers in and keep them coming back.
Even if you have great customer service and competitive prices it may not be enough to keep your customers or attract new ones if the exterior keeps them from returning or even stepping a foot in the building to start with. Customers will judge your business on how the entryway looks, this is the first impression you get to make to a potential customer.
Shopping is like buying a house, said Rick Segel, a retail and marketing expert who wrote Retail Business Kit for Dummies. “If [a store] doesn’t have curb appeal, a potential customer isn’t going to go in.”
Based solely on the appearance from the street, more than two-thirds of consumers decided not to visit a business, according to a 2011 survey by Morpace, a market research and consulting firm. Other findings from this survey include:
- 95% said stores’ external appearance influences their decisions about where to shop.
- 52% said they avoided a store because of a dirty appearance from outside.
- 39% said they won’t enter a store that doesn’t “look like a place I would normally shop.”
Tips for creating and keeping a clean and inviting exterior:
Taking your store’s appearance for granted will turn customers away. Look at how other stores in your area are kept clean or not kept clean, notice the difference?
- Make sure all external signage is clear, modern and compelling.
- Ensure all exterior signage lighting is working so your store name is clearly visible from the street.
- Remove all trash from the exterior of the building and sidewalks.
- Clean the parking lot.
- Clean windows and remove any outdated information posted in windows, entryway, on bulletin boards, etc.
- Sweep and clean the entry. Remove gum spots
- Make sure the store entry is uncluttered.
- Clean the sidewalk outside of your business. On top of cleaning your windows, you also want to do a good job cleaning the sidewalk, or asphalt, outside of your business. Ideally, you want to hire a company like Roof Cleaner to keep your sidewalk or parking lot looking beautiful. If you want to keep your retail store clean, you’ll also want to keep the exterior clean, too.
The front entryway appearance is what will give a potential customer their first impression about your business; make sure that first impression is a good one. Here at Roof Cleaner we provide pressure washing services that will have your customers commenting on how nice your business looks. Our sidewalk cleaning will keep your entryway clean and gum free, your drive thru free of oil and grease stains and your buildings free of mold, mildew, dirt and grime.
Call Roof Cleaner at 616-240-3465 and start enjoying the benefits of having a clean and inviting entryway